Terms of business for Mullane School Of Motoring
Data protection policy
We don’t store any client data except for a contact number address and date and time of bookings. We upload what’s required if EDT to EDT portal.
We share your Driver number, date of birth and lesson number and date of the lesson with the RSA PORAL as required by law.
We don’t store customer contact details any longer than they are clients and won’t share your data with any 3rd party without your consent. You also have the right to ask for your details to be removed and contacts deleted. Email data controller Darren Mullane at email@example.com to request this and he will remove all data for you on request.
Dash cams CCTV recording policy.
We use Dash cams inside, outside and to the rear of our cars including audio RECORDING.
We use dash cams to protect learners and me and to provide evidence to substantiate or rebut any allegations made and to be used in evidence.
Terms last updated 06/03/23
We do not offer cash refunds for any reason other than that where we cannot provide service at all or offer service. Excluding covid lockdowns. We offer refunds in the form of gift vouchers only. Lessons can be extended for reasons such as loss of license, moving or illness. Booking deposits are non-refundable.
1) The Instructor will provide driving instruction for the pupil at the agreed rates and times. The cost of driving lessons will have been clearly explained upon first contact with Mullane School of Motoring and again at the beginning of the first lesson.
2) All Mullane School of Motoring Driving Instructors will behave in a professional manner towards clients at all times. The instructor will avoid physical contact with a client except in an emergency or in the normal course of greeting. Whilst reserving the right to decide against giving tuition, the instructor will not act in any manner which contravenes legislation or discrimination.
3) The Instructor reserves the right to substitute another Mullane School of Motoring Instructor or any other instructor that is licensed for any of the pupil’s lessons if required or rearrange any lessons to a mutually convenient time without liability.
4) All bookings are made on the understanding that the School is not responsible for the postponement of training due to traffic conditions, adverse weather conditions, illness or mechanical breakdown. We cannot be held responsible for any costs or test fees incurred as a result of the postponement of any lessons, for whatever reason at no time will we offer a refund on any gift vouchers or pre-paid lessons, the pupil is welcome to give any unused pre-paid lessons to someone else should the pupil not use the lessons.
5) Any pupil may be refused a driving lesson if the Instructor has reason to believe that the pupil is under the influence of alcohol or drugs and the lesson will still be charged for at the full amount.
6) The Instructor may refuse to carry on giving a pupil driving lessons without notice if the Instructor is not satisfied with a pupil’s conduct or commitment throughout the lessons. A pupil may be refused entry into the driving school vehicle if they are wearing soiled clothing or muddy work boots and the lesson will still be charged for at the full amount.
7) Instructors will advise clients when to apply for their theory and practical driving tests. The instructor will not cancel or re-arrange a driving test without the client’s agreement. When presenting a client for the practical driving test, the instructor will ensure that the client has all the necessary documentation to enable the client to take the test and that the vehicle is roadworthy.
8) If a pupil has entered for a driving test and does not keep up to date with their lessons prior to the test, or if in the opinion of the Instructor the pupil is not safe to proceed with the test, the Instructor reserves the right to refuse the use of the tuition vehicle for the driving test. In which case the Instructor will not be liable for any loss of test fees.
9) Provided the pupil is in possession of a valid driving permit accompanied by, or under the direction of a Driving tester A.D.I / P.D.I or approved RSA Tester Mullane School of Motoring cars are fully insured with a policy excess of €350 euro. If a pupil has an at fault accident the pupil must pay the first €350 euro of the said claim.
11) The instructor will make every effort to train you to the highest standard but can in no way be held liable for any errors you commit whilst driving and unaccompanied by your instructor either before, during or after a test pass.
12) The pupil will ensure that they hold the appropriate valid license to drive the tuition vehicle.
13) Pupils must advise their instructor of any medication or prescription drugs they are taking that may affect their ability to drive safely before taking any lesson booked.
14) If a pupil is required to wear glasses or contact lenses whilst driving and he/she fails to wear them on a driving lesson, then the lesson will be canceled with full charge to the pupil or parents.
15) The pupil will give the Instructor a minimum of 48 hours notice to cancel or change a lesson for no charge to occur, otherwise, the lesson fee will be payable. If you fail to turn up for an appointment (Your instructor will wait at the agreed pickup point for 10 minutes only) and no cancellation notice was provided by you to the Instructor before the start of the lesson then the full charge of the lesson will be payable. Booking deposits will be forfeited If any lessons paid for in advance or with vouchers are canceled within 48 hours, then the full amount of a lesson will be charged.
16) The instructor must be notified of the date and time of a driving test self booked by the pupil at least 10 working days before the test date.
17) Opening and closing times are subject to change without prior notice.
18) If a pupil gets aggressive and services need to be withdrawn for safety or any other reason lessons WILL NOT BE REFUNDED.
19) All Driving lessons are based on 45 min DRIVING and 15 min recap theory sum up faults.
20) Calls may be recorded.
21) We will only deal with the pupil in the event of a complaint or the RSA we will not deal with third parties except in the case of a pupil under 18.
22) We do not do block bookings we can only book one lesson at a time and cannot facilitate everyone on peak times eg after 5pm Saturday Wednesday after one but will do or best.
23) Pupils need to be aware the RSA EDT program is designed by the RSA and that is the syllabus that has to be though its pupils need min 3 hours of driving with a sponsor and should only do an EDT lesson every 2 weeks.
24) Pupils need to check EDT portal for any errors and report same ASAP to instructor and please be aware EDT lessons are every 2 weeks we cannot accommodate clients that want to complete etc quickly or incorrectly as its a syllabus practice is required in between lessons.
25) We will not take aggression or abuse if service is withdrawn because of abuse one warning will be given if the client gets abusive again service be withdrawn no refund will be made.
26) Under consumer law you are not entitled to a change of mind refund, we will only refund if we can’t or won’t provide the service paid for.
27) we will not take a clients car on the road that is defective as per RSA guidelines should a car be refused no refund will be made common faults are but not limited to:
no break lights
bald defective tyres
warning lights on the dash
no L plates displayed
correct insurance we are not covered to give a lesson in the client’s own car on free insurance from Aviva
if the car is refused no refund will be made
28) Clients need to be aware it’s an offense to drive on a learner’s permit without a fully licensed driver, the car can be impounded and it’s a plenty point offense what happens before or after a lesson I can not be liable for.
29) We take a 45 euro non-refundable deposit on booking a lesson via sum up, 24 hours notice is needed to change the lesson time or date or the fee is lost.
30) We only operate from Wilton driving test center on Saturday, all lessons will start and finish in Wilton, no exceptions.
31) We can not accommodate everyone at their choice of times, so in the event of a clash of times 2 times or dates be given we cannot be held accountable for clients’ working times etc and waiting lists can be 4 weeks for Sat and evenings 5 working days for all other times on average.
32) We don’t work evenings from Oct 1st to March 31st.
33) We close on Sundays and bank holidays.
34) If on holiday we leave a voicemail saying so, we never go for more than 14 days.
35) We use dash cams on the exterior of our cars.
36) Gift vouchers valid for 5 years once bought from 1/12/19 packages 6 mounts packages are not gift vouchers
37) We cannot be held accountable for Covid 19, clients are asked to wear masks and we can’t be held accountable for anyone that picks up Covid 19, also we can’t and won’t refund lessons due to lockdowns, we will extend vouchers for lockdown period.
38) Mobile phones may be used safely and handsfree by instructor, also can be used as teaching aids and tablets can and will be used as teaching aids and for marking pre-tests and writing reports, and uploading lessons to RSA database,
the RSA currently use tablets to mark tests and we do also use iPads.
39) The instructor reserves the right to use a toilet during the lesson, we can not stop any instructor or will not stop any instructor from using toilet facilities. As this is a human right currently test center toilets are closed due to Covid 19 so petrol stations will be used for toilet facilities and lost time will of course be added on to the lesson.
40) We do not hire cars for driving tests under any circumstances.
If a pupil would like to make a complaint or has a grievance, then they must contact, in the first instance, writing to:
Mullane School Of Motoring
We will respond in writing to any complaint within 10 working days.
If you are dissatisfied with the outcome you can then take your complaint further to:
Road Safety Authority
Moy Vally Business park
Your consumer rights
Under Irish consumer law you’re not entitled to a refund for a change of mind etc.
Our policy is to issue a gift voucher as a refund for any pre-paid lessons. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Terms last updated 06/03/23.